What does it mean to me?
This proposal is designed to be a win-win, preserving everything you have today and helping the AICPA better support you – our members who work across all parts of the accounting profession and in all types of firms and organizations. With the combined strengths of the AICPA and CIMA, we’ll have an even stronger voice to protect the public interest as regulation development becomes increasingly international. We’ll have a broader platform to promote your designations and accelerate the development of resources, research and services relevant to you and your clients. Above all this proposal better positions the profession to remain relevant and maintains our unwavering commitment to promoting, protecting and growing the CPA.
This proposal has received support from across the profession:
- 52 state CPA societies
- Leaders from many of small, medium and large firms
- Finance leaders from businesses and organizations worldwide
- Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS) Executive Committee
- Business and Industry Executive Committee
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee
- Pre-certification Education Executive Committee (PcEEC)
- National Accreditation Commission
- Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee
- Tax Executive Committee
The video below gives a high level view of the member experience and value across many of our members’ varied practice areas. Explore specific areas in the menu above to learn more about how this proposal would benefit you.